You are not logged in.

mspencer

Starting Member

Monday, April 22nd 2002, 4:50am

valve manifolds

I would like to put 6 valves together for 6 different zones. Do you have any pictures which would show this assembly and would fit in a retangular valve box?

daronson

Wednesday, April 24th 2002, 3:24am

I am in the process of installing a 10 zone system, with 2 manifold boxes. I already installed one manifold assembly using pvc manifold tees that slip together and have a female thread to accept the valve. I have 5 valves in this box, but added a 6th manifold "elbow" and capped it (for future use if needed).

Getting to the point - I have a six-valve manifold in a rectangular box, however, it is a JUMBO box which measures 18 X 24. Standard boxes are 12 X 18, which is too small for 6 valves, and kind of tight for 5 valves. Cost was $31 from the Professional Supply Store based in Florida (I bought most supplies from them mail order - best prices for most parts). The manifold tees were purchased at a local irrigation supply store, or a plumbing/pump supply store might have them.

RVLI

Supreme Member

Friday, May 24th 2002, 3:41am

Generally, rhe most valves you can put in a Rectangular box is 4. Get two boxes and put three in each, that way you have room for servicing, if you ever need to replace a valve.

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Monday, May 12th 2003, 10:06am

Hi,
I would use 2 small rectangle boxes with 3 in each, or you can buy a SUPER JUMBO box
which costs about 80 bucks and put them all in one. These Super Jumbos are 2.5 feet deep
and 3 feet long, and are a pain to bury

Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

Raymond Padula Jr.
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

Rate this thread