You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Gregg

Saturday, March 5th 2005, 4:17pm

Rainbird 5000 not rotating

I bought a house with 110 heads many of which are Rainbird 5000 rotating heads. I have a few that are not rotating any longer. What is the best way to repair these? Can it be done without removing the entire assembly.

Thanks for the help.

-- greg

drpete3

Supreme Member

Monday, March 7th 2005, 6:35am

Yes. Buy new and unsrew the top assembly from housing and do the same to the broken heads and replace.
Thanks,

Pete

Gregg

Saturday, March 12th 2005, 8:53am

OK - Thanks for the info. I unscrewed the top assembly. I would like to take it apart to see what went bad inside. What's the best way to take it apart?

Thanks,
Greg

drpete3

Supreme Member

Monday, March 14th 2005, 2:12am

I dont think you can. Not sure
Thanks,

Pete

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, March 19th 2005, 4:16pm

Don't waste your time wondering why a modern gear-drive head stopped turning. Just switch them out like burnt out light bulbs. They are not designed to be disassembled.

Rate this thread