You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

OscarNav

Monday, April 4th 2005, 11:37pm

Re-configure valve manifold Questions?

Hi there, i was wondering if you guys can answer a few questions i have.

Just recently i decided to replace all my Valves from Orbit to Irritrol 2400T. I was just wondering if those BUILT Orbit Manifolds that Home Depot sell are any good? I currently have galvanized pipe (fittings) that make up my manifold and all 5 valves are in one JUMBO valve box. I was hoping to re-fabricate this manifold to accomidate (Sp) less valves per valve box and at the same time use a good quality Valve and Manifold Parts. Does it really make a difference if i buy a pre made one or make my own out of lets say 40 SCH PVC or metal fittings? What do you guys think on this matter?

Any other brands out there that i might consider, maybe buy them locally in Twin Falls, Idaho.

Thanks again..

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Tuesday, April 5th 2005, 9:35am

I personally, from a contractors standpoint, wouldn't trust anything from the home improvement stores, so I am not sure how reliable their products are. If you do go that route, make sure it has a decent warranty. I work with a manufacturer by the name of Olson Irrigation, and they make an excellent pre-made valve box with a wire terminal, shut off valve and everything already built into the box. It is a little bit more pricey, but well worth it in my opinion. You can check it out at http://www.olsonirrigation.com/PROD/OISproin.html
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

nestors

Advanced Member

Thursday, April 7th 2005, 9:18am

use your own . its cheaper and you will not have any leaks.
Vincent Nestor
Nestor's Sprinklers & Lighting
Alpharetta,Ga.30022

vpn1@bellsouth.net

www.NestorsLandScape.com
www.GeorgiaLighting.net

Rate this thread