You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

mac3457

Unregistered

Sunday, April 6th 2014, 1:35pm

1 zone won't come on

Hi!
I just turned on my sprinklers since our cold weather is finally coming to an end. I can get 2 of my 3 zones to work. I have switched solenoids, thinking it was a bad solenoid, however they all run the other 2 working zones. I've flushed out the valve for zone 1, but still having issues. Is it more then likely a bad valve OR????
Thank you for your help.

mrfixit

Sunday, April 6th 2014, 4:30pm

The diaphragm's probably bad.
--
It could be that the flow control is closed.
--
What model valve is it?

mac3457

Unregistered

Sunday, April 6th 2014, 4:38pm

It is an Orbit 1" Jar-Top. Model 57661.

mrfixit

Sunday, April 6th 2014, 8:41pm

It is an Orbit 1" Jar-Top. Model 57661.

That's a pretty crappy valve. Maybe just buy a new valve.

There could be a piece of debris in the valve.
Unscrew the top and look for something stuck in the diaphragm or below the solenoid. Look in the ports.
The home depot has the diaphragm.
I'm not 100% sure that's your diaphragm but you'll know by comparing the two.

mac3457

Unregistered

Sunday, April 6th 2014, 9:22pm

Ok. I already unscrewed the top off and took all the parts out and flushed it. It didn't change the performance. Will try and compare the diaphragm parts though. Will probably just get a new valve. Thank you for your help.

unclerod

Unregistered

Wednesday, June 4th 2014, 9:20pm

1 zone

Ok. I already unscrewed the top off and took all the parts out and flushed it. It didn't change the performance. Will try and compare the diaphragm parts though. Will probably just get a new valve. Thank you for your help.

unclerod

Unregistered

Wednesday, June 4th 2014, 9:24pm

1 zone

Maybe you have a broken wire. That is the problem we have. See if there is continuity in that wire. If there is not that's the problem.

mac3457

Unregistered

Saturday, June 28th 2014, 11:21am

Im a bit delayed in trying to fix my problem. Finally had a weekend off to work on it. So I have since replaced the old valve and solenoid with a new parts all together. I'm still getting nothing to come on for this zone. I have even switched solenoids from my other zones and it runs them just fine. So I have 2 of my 3 zones working. What else could be the problem? It was working just fine without an issue last summer, this summer nothing. ?(

mrfixit

Saturday, June 28th 2014, 7:06pm

RE: 1 zone won't come on

Hi!
I just turned on my sprinklers since our cold weather is finally coming to an end. I can get 2 of my 3 zones to work. I have switched solenoids, thinking it was a bad solenoid, however they all run the other 2 working zones. I've flushed out the valve for zone 1, but still having issues. Is it more then likely a bad valve OR????
Thank you for your help.

Maybe I misunderstood your original post.
You say you switched solenoids and they "all" run the other 2 working zones. Are you saying the solenoid from the non working zone operates the other two valves? If so there's nothing wrong with the wiring that's why I suggested you install a new valve.

Did you also switch the wiring also or just the solenoid?

Can you turn the new valve on manually with the bleeder screw or by turning the solenoid?

mac3457

Unregistered

Sunday, June 29th 2014, 10:20am

Sorry if I may have confused you. But yes I was able to take the solenoid from the non working zone and use it on the other 2 working zones and it worked those zones just fine. (Did that to rule out the solenoid, figured if it ran the other two zones then that wasn't the problem) I also switched the wires with all solenoids.

I have since replaced the non working zone valve with a new valve and solenoid. Even after replacing the non working zone with all new parts its still not working. I have tried the manual operation of the new valve, but that doesnt turn on the zone either. When I over turn them, water does start coming out. So Im pretty stumped. I hope there isn't a blockage in the line of the non working zone, like I mentioned before all 3 of my zones ran just perfect last summer.

Rate this thread