You are not logged in.

Clark Nunnelly

Unregistered

Wednesday, May 7th 2014, 4:06pm

Sprinkler Heads Popping Up and Down

Hi Everyone,

I have a 7 zone sprinkler system hooked up to a well pump in my backyard.. Recently, in some of the zones the sprinkler heads are popping up and down in about 5 second intervals for the duration of the 15 minute watering cycle.

I also have a water hookup that is hooked up to the well pump that is getting inconsistent pressure..

Any ideas what this could be?

Other things I have noticed... 1) Sometimes when I turn on a single zone (like zone 1), the heads in zone 6 will pop up for about 5 seconds and then drop. 2) I have not checked any of the valves to see if they are leaking yet, but will be tonight.. 3) After turning the system back on from the Winter I found 3 heads that need to be replaced in random zones.. They are not leaking but are stuck in one position and wont rotate....

Clark.Nunnelly

Unregistered

Thursday, May 8th 2014, 8:58am

Update

After investigating further last night I noticed that all of the valves are OK, and this is happening in every zone that I have, where the heads will pop up, spray for about 5-10 seconds, and then drop down.. It seems like inconsistent water pressure to me.. I am starting to wonder if it is a bad pump.. The pump is making sound like it is running, but not sure if it is pulling water..

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, May 8th 2014, 10:14am

More details on the well setup might help. Maybe the pump is sucking air.

Rate this thread