You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

jskaggs

Unregistered

Thursday, June 5th 2014, 7:52pm

No water pressure on one zone

Had no water pressure to one zone on a RainJet Classic 3/4. Bought new solinoid and diaphram but still no pressure to the zone. Should I have bought the new valve? :)

mrfixit

Friday, June 6th 2014, 4:23am

You basically rebuilt the valve. It should be working now. Make sure the flow control is open and make sure none of the ports are blocked.

What happens when you turn it on with the bleeder screw? You could take the anti-sypon cap off then turn the valve on. Does water shoot out? If so the valve's working and you have a broken pipe or riser somewhere. Unless you have poly pipe then the line might be pinched.

If there's a break in the line turn it on and let it run until you see flooding.

To answer your question. Yes you probably should have bought a new valve.

You need a Rainjet diaphragm. I know the 2711APR diaphragm looks the same but every time I tried using that diaphragm on a Rainjet valve it wouldn't work. I had to change the bonnet as well for it to work.

Rate this thread