You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

dbcsf

Unregistered

Saturday, June 28th 2014, 10:24pm

No water in zone 3 after repair

I do not know much about sprinklers. I helped out my church and tried to repair theirs. They had a broken pipe and they wanted to add one sprinkler head where a capped head could go. The sprinkler system gushed water after the water pump from the shallow well was turned on in zone 3 through the broken pipe. Zones 1 and 2 worked fine. I dug up the pipe, cut out the break, put in a coupling device which does not leak.

This line has 6 or 7 heads. All but one are capped off. I was also asked to open or add a head at the other end of the line, on the other side of the pump. I did not test the couple until after I uncapped the far head and added a sprinkler there.

So now I have two sprinkler heads, on either side of the shallow well pump, which do not come on when I turn on zone 3.

I am thinking I created some kind of a vacumn problem.

It seems unlikely that the pump was pumping water fine and then just broke after I fixed a break in a pipe and added a sprinkler head? And, the pump still pumps fine for zones 1 and 2. Zone three sputters, passes some air, then calms down and dribbles out of one head only. I cannot see any more leaks anywhere.

Help!

mrfixit

Sunday, June 29th 2014, 5:36am

The line might be clogged with dirt. Uncap some of the heads and attach a hose to the very last sprinker fitting and try flushing it backwards.

You might want to cut the line open instead. You already have a slip fix or something in the line. All you'll probably need is a slip x slip coupling to put it back together.

dbcsf

Unregistered

Sunday, June 29th 2014, 7:19am

zone 3

TY for the quick reply. You must be an early riser! I will flush the dirt. It is likely I let some in during the repair. I am not sure of the name of the coupling device, but it is the kind which has rubber bushings which get squeezed onto the pipe when I rotate two circular coupling heads. I can easily take it off and open up the cut pipe to flush the dirt out. Thank you again.

dbcsf

Unregistered

Sunday, June 29th 2014, 5:01pm

zone 3 working

Thank you again. Flushed the dirt. Working fine now. I am very grateful.

Rate this thread