You are not logged in.

pelk

Unregistered

Sunday, July 6th 2014, 8:10am

Does the 2713APR unscrew into two halves?

I'm looking to replace a Richdel APR anti-siphon valve; the current equivalent seems to be the Irritrol 2713APR. The valve is mounted so close to the house that the only way to remove and replace it would be if the two halves of the housing unscrew from each other. Does anyone know if that's the case? Here's the valve I'm talking about:

https://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=2713APR&CartID=1

It looks like it might unscrew... but the old Richdel looks the same way, and I can't get it to budge. Maybe the plastic has fused or something? If the new one comes apart that would really make my replacement plans much easier, if anyone knows. Thanks for your help!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, July 6th 2014, 8:37am

the two sections are glued together and they will not come apart

mrfixit

Sunday, July 6th 2014, 12:12pm

You can cut the valve in half if you want and unscrew the two halves separately.

Or how about rebuilding the valve. You can buy a 205 and swap out all the parts.

You can also buy the cap and float if need be. Cap and Float

pelk

Unregistered

Sunday, July 6th 2014, 4:04pm

Thanks for the responses. That's too bad... cutting the old one to get it off would work, but that's not really an option for getting a new one on! I have trouble imagining how they got the original one on to begin with, did they attach it before they soldered the pipe in? Is there a trick here that I'm not seeing?

The rebuild suggestion is a good one, the housing seems sound. Good to know that cannibalizing a 205 is an option

Thanks again!

mrfixit

Sunday, July 6th 2014, 4:34pm

I'm assuming the valve is attached to galvanized pipe.

What I do is, screw on a couple of galvanized couplings. Then I use plastic from there and glue the valve on. All you'll need is 4 male adapters and a foot of pipe.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, July 6th 2014, 6:29pm

the 205TF is a great parts resource, as it supplies a bonnet and a diaphragm assembly and a solenoid, the bonnet being the prize, as it is rarely stocked as a standalone part

Rate this thread