You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

aheinsen

Starting Member

Sunday, July 20th 2014, 7:25pm

replacement of INtermatic timer that is connected to a irritrol valve connected to a fimco flow valve

I have a broken intermatic controller that I need to replace but its connect to a Irritrol valve (216B) and that is connected to a fimco hydro indexing flow Valve (4 zones). what type of controller can I replace it? do I need a 4 zone controller or 1 zone with multiple time since it seems that the fimco flow valve will do the four zones.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, July 20th 2014, 10:04pm

You should try to get an exact replacement controller, or nearabouts, if you want a guaranteed result. Indexing valves need a delay between zones, and some of them are better off having a delay of a few minutes duration, and that is not an option on inexpensive modern controllers. Another reason to try to match controllers is that some of them will have a line voltage output, matching up with a line-voltage solenoid.

These old Intermatic controllers are actually repairable, sometimes only needing a replacement motor.

Rate this thread