You are not logged in.

Guy83

Unregistered

Saturday, August 16th 2014, 12:08pm

Zone won't turn off

Hi-

New to the forum and home sprinkler systems. Have a new house and when I tried to operate the sprinklers, noticed that zone 1 would not turn off unless I turned off manually from water supply. When I looked at the valves, I noticed it was cracked so I ordered a new valve.

Just tried to install new valve today and the zone still won't turn off.

The valve is an irritrol 2400T. Any idea what problem could be if not the valve. Is it possible it's the solenoid? I didn't change it.

Thank you in advance.

irrigirl

Unregistered

Thursday, August 21st 2014, 5:45pm

2400T

Make sure the on/off lever is in the OFF position. This is for manual runs only. Unscrew the solenoid and make sure the OFF sits on the right of the stopper, and when you move it to the left the ON stops on the left of the stopper. Swing the lever back to the right of the stopper. Rescrew the solenoid tight and
Yes it could be the solenoid, depending on if you used a new solenoid or the one from the old valve? Putting the solenoid on a valve that is operating correctly and watching how it behaves can help determine the status of your solenoid. It could also be that a terminal in your circuit board is fried; switching the zone wire with working zone wire on your circuit board can help you test that.
After installation, many times the valve needs to be cleaned out inside, under the diaphragm, and the diaphragm needs to be reseated. Don't lose the pieces, and you can refer to the exploded diagram in the slideshow for the 2400T on this page:
http://www.irritrol.com/valves_2400_2600.aspx

Rate this thread