You are not logged in.

irrigirl

Tuesday, September 23rd 2014, 2:24pm

The Irritrol Total Control is good... There are four programs which is nice. It will also tell you if there's a short in the yard without blowing a fuse. The Irritrol Raindial 600-R is a good one too. Both have a 5 year repair warranty. They both have been around for 20+ years.

I suppose it would depend on your use. What kind of program are you wanting to use for your 6 valves? Is it all grass or do you have plants, flowers, etc. Would you want each of these areas to water different schedules? Do you have a master valve or a pump? Are you planning on putting it inside or outdoors? It may help if you can give us a schedule that you have in mind:

Example schedule:

Prg A, Zones 1,3,4,6; 30 min each, 6am, MWF

Prg B, Zones 2, 5; 1 hr each, 7am and 9pm T TH SAT

Or:

" I want zones 1,3,4, and 6 to run 30 min each at 6am on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I then want zones 2 and 5 to run for 1 hour each on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, once in the morning at 7am and again at 9pm."

mrfixit

Wednesday, September 24th 2014, 5:42am

I've never seen a Weathermatic controller installed in 20 years of servicing sprinkler systems so I wont comment on that.

Rainbird has some excellent controllers. I also have never seen a modular Rainbird installed.

I have however seen many many Rain Dials. I've personally uninstalled numerous Rain Dials the past couple years. Probably 20. I used to love this controller. The cabinet is super sturdy. The faceplate is super sturdy. But, the controller has a variety of issues. I don't install this controller anymore.

I uninstalled two Rain Dials I installed in Feb of 2011 just last week. Both have the same flaw on the circuit board. Yep they're under warranty and I'll be sending them in to be repaired. I replaced them with the new Hunter Pro-C modulars. That's what I'm recommending for you.

If you go with the Hunter Pro-C. Go with the modular and not the PCC. I returned 4 PCC's recently. All had issues with the door.
They were however outdoor controllers. I don't recall having a problem with the door on the indoor model. This might be a new issue with the recently redesigned Pro-C's though.

If that was confusing. Here's what I'm recommending. Pro-C

Rate this thread