You are not logged in.

Gary B.

Starting Member

Thursday, October 23rd 2014, 1:12pm

2 Hunter Pro-C controllers on 1 SolarSync sensor?

Can I use one SolarSync wireless sensor to control two Hunter Pro-C controllers. One controller is located in the garage and the other is on the outside rear wall of the house. What parts or modules would I need?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, October 23rd 2014, 2:54pm

I think you go with two separate units. Certainly the Hunter people are not going to supply you with anything to help you not buy the second unit, and there is not a professional to be found who will jury-rig controllers on a multi-thousand-dollar system.

mrfixit

Thursday, October 23rd 2014, 4:40pm

I have a buddy that all he installs is Hunter products. He talks to the Hunter rep all the time. He told me that the Hunter rep told him that yes you can install two receivers with one transmitter.
He hasn't tried it yet though.
You just need to follow the directions on how to get the transmitter to connect with the receiver and do it twice.
Try connecting one receiver with the transmitter. Then disable it. Now connect the second receiver using the same process.
Now re-enable the first receiver.

I'm not guaranteeing anything. It's just what I was told.

When you buy a replacement receiver there must be a way to get it to connect to the existing transmitter. Read the directions.

Let us know if you get it to work.

irrigirl

Friday, October 24th 2014, 9:18am

You should not use one reciever for two controllers.

Usually you can use two recievers on one sensor, but depending on how far apart your controllers are, both recievers will need to stay within line of sight of your transmitter. And yes, you will probably have to purchase two sets of units because that is usually how they are sold.--Unless you buy through a third party website rather than the company or distributor (not really reccommended). Basically, buy the two sets (2 transmitters and 2 recievers). Try pairing up one sensor to both receivers, following the directions in the manual. Test it. If this doesn't shut down both controllers, install the second transmitter as you will already have it. If it does work with one sensor, you can just store one of the transmitters until the one you use first dies out on you. Usually the transmitter will die out before the recievers, so you will have a backup on hand.

Rate this thread