You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

gmmoore75

Starting Member

Sunday, July 30th 2023, 9:43pm

Replace Controller or Just Control Modules?

How do I determine if I need to replace my entire control system or just the modules?

I've got a 2013 Hunter I Core. It isn't delivering enough voltage to open most of the 18 zones. Also, for a few zones, it tries to open the correct zone plus a second zone (that is on a different module).

I reset the system last weekend to factory settings and it ran fine this week, but yesterday I noticed it wasn't opening half of the zones again. I tried resetting it again today, but that did not fix it. I then took out all of the modules, unplugged it, waited a while, put the modules back in and plugged it in, and it is working ok again. So I'm guessing either the modules or the entire system is about to fail completely. How do I tell if it is just the modules?

FYI - We get frequent power outages. I'm quite certain that is what caused the first issue, but we haven't had a power outage this week, so I don't think it was power issues the second time. But it has been 100+F every day and the control system is in the garage where it is even hotter, and when I took the modules out, they felt quite hot. So maybe the modules are just too hot...but if that is the issue, I'm not sure how I can fix it.

Rate this thread