You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

jfv00

Starting Member

Saturday, December 9th 2023, 7:08pm

What's in the Valve Box Next to the Well Head?

I have a well sprinkler system that has a valve box less than a foot away from the well head. The valve box contains only a five inch long vertical Schedule 40, capped, threaded, 1 1/2" PVC pipe. When I unscrewed the cap, it contained water a few inches below the cap. I stuck a small wire (about 6 inches long) into the pipe and didn't contact a bottom. Is this pipe to be used to attach a compressor to blow out the system for winter? It seems strange there wouldn't be a shutoff valve (to the well pump) in there if it was. I changed out the well pump a few months ago and I know the pump contains a built-in check valve. If this IS where I would attach a compressor, is there a danger of wrecking the check valve in the pump? Thanks for any help.

Rate this thread