You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

beeclan

Starting Member

Sunday, May 29th 2005, 7:50am

Head won't pop up

My father had a sprinkler system installed in his yard and there are several heads that won't pop up. If you jiggle them a little they come right up but seem to get stuck if they sit for any length of time. Pressure seems ok so I was wondering if a lubricante might be needed to help out. I was planning on putting a silicone lubricante but wanted to be sure this was ok. I know very little about sprinkler systems.

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Sunday, May 29th 2005, 9:15pm

What type of sprinkler heads do you have, and how old are they? Usually putting any type of lubricant on a sprinkler head is not a good idea, as it can cause premature wear. Sprinkler heads are built so that water acts as a natural lubricant for internal gears and parts of the sprinkler. If you are having problems with the sprinkler heads not popping up or going back into the ground, it is most likely a problem with the seal or the spring (if your water pressure is ok). If they are older sprinkler heads, I would suggest replacing them with new ones.
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

Rate this thread