You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

redlinr

Thursday, June 9th 2005, 3:46am

Hunter Wireless Rain-Clik Problem

My brand-new Hunter Wireless Rain-Clik (kit) does not seem to work properly. Meaning, the sensor status light on the receiver unit stays green even when the transmitter unit is wet. And of course, normal sprinkling continues even when the transmitter is wet. I have double-checked receiver wiring to the Hunter Pro-C controller (but don't believe wiring is the problem because the receiver must have power because the sensor status light is on, and even if I messed up wiring the white & blue sensor wires to the controller, the sensor status light should turn red...right?). Weird thing is, when I manually test the transmitter by pushing the test button (when its dry), I can see the sensor status light on the receiver turn to red, then back to green after I release the test button. I also performed the 'readdressing' process just to make sure the transmitter & receiver units were talking to each other properly.

My 'wet testing' has been done by wetting the transmitter in the kitchen sink for a 10-minute period. (I'm testing this way because I want to see the thing work once before mounting the transmitter up in a gutter) Is there a better/recommended way to perform a 'wet test'?

Also, is the transmitter 'wet' signal a one-shot deal? In other words, if the transmitter becomes wet while out of range to the receiver, then comes back into range while still wet, should the receiver go 'red'? I don't think I'm fighting an out-of-range issue; my kitchen sink is only about 20 feet away from the receiver (straight line), but there are a couple of walls & a door in the path. And the sink itself is stainless steel...possibly interfering with the signal at the moment the transmitter becomes 'wet'. But then I'll walk the (wet) transmitter out to within an inch of the receiver, and still the receiver remains 'green'.

Thanks for any ideas, tips, etc.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 9th 2005, 1:53pm

Let the sensor dry out, then take it your controller, check it with a dry test, then go and spray some water at the sensor, and see if it trips from the moisture. Between the sensor and the receiver, you want no masonry or metal barriers to interfere with the signal. No metal sinks, and no concrete block walls.

redlinr

Monday, June 13th 2005, 4:24am

Thanks for the info/tip. I have determined the sensor IS working, it is just sensitive to obstructions in the signal path. I now have the sensor mounted outside on a gutter, approximately 8 feet (straight line) from the receiver (which is mounted inside the garage) and this is working reliably. There are four materials obstructing the signal path; vinyl siding, wood wallboard (1/2" I think), fiberglass insulation (6"), and 1/2" drywall. (these are the materials that compose my garage wall) If I move the sensor further away to approximately 25 feet, with the same obstructions, it does not work.

Jazzer K

Friday, September 2nd 2005, 6:14pm

On the controller there should be two terminals for the sensor (sen) if there is a metak band that connects the two take it out. That is telling the controller that there is no sensor
Kasper's Landscape & Design Inc.

Rate this thread