You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

aseidman

Thursday, June 9th 2005, 10:04am

Pressure Issue ?

I have someone installing a sprinkler system on my propert right now. They are using a Toro controller and equipment. Unfortunately they laid the entire system out and installed it without testing my water pressure.

Right now, the system is a 2 zone system and the heads are not covering the area he thought they would based on specifications. The water pressure seems to range (based on time of day) from 50 to 60 PSI. I think he has 6-8 spray heads per zone. Anyway.. he is telling me that 50-60 PSI is not enough.

Is this the case ? He wants to add one more zone... sound like the right thing to do ? theo other option was add a pump to up the pressure but given the cost, he thought the extra zone is the right choice.

Just want to make sure this all sounds right.

Thanks,
Allen
help !

drpete3

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 9th 2005, 10:07am

Yup sounds correct. He will use less heads per zone and then get the coverage he needs.
Thanks,

Pete

aseidman

Thursday, June 9th 2005, 10:40am

thanks>. is 50 - 60 psi so little pressure ? I would have thought it could easily drive the sprinkler heads.
help !

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 9th 2005, 1:58pm

It is very little pressure in the world of sprinkler systems. Through the plumbing in the sprinkler system, you lose another ten psi, and this is before you turn on the water and lose more pressure in your house's supply line and water meter. With those Toro heads, you might better double the number of zones. That will give you some reserve capacity.

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 9th 2005, 7:11pm

Adding another zone would be cost effective. Many of the homes around here have a static water pressure between 50-60 PSI and run a sprinkler system just fine. What size piping is he using? Is this a professional, or just somebody doing it to help out?
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

mburnickas

Friday, June 10th 2005, 6:30am

it seems like 6 to 8 heads only with 60 psi max is too many; unless nozzle size is small. I have 5 to 6 Hunter I-20 or PGP (with 2 to 3 gpm) on each zone with 80 PSI..and that is pushing it.
Thanks
Mike
"Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue!"--Airplane

aseidman

Sunday, June 12th 2005, 5:24am

thanks,

He has added 2 more zones. He is not a sprinkler expert, but a handy guy who does many home repar items (plumbing, electrcity, etc...). Anyway, he has added 2 more zones. Can we have a zone with 2 heads and a drip hose ??? (15 ft for flower garden ?).
help !

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, June 12th 2005, 6:07am

You'd better use sprays for everything. Since this is an amateur effort, you want to actually see the water spraying.

Rate this thread