You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

genezero

Starting Member

Wednesday, June 22nd 2005, 4:42pm

Imperial Valet Timer

New to the forum so please, forgive mistakes. Question, I have the
Imperial Valet Timer and the only way it will work now is if I turn
the dial manually. It will then go through the cycle, which includes
8 zones.

I heared the company is out of business. Would it be possible to get
a copy of the manuel?

genezero

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, June 25th 2005, 8:29am

The manual won't do you any good. Depending on what the control valves are, you could most cheaply get back automatic operation with a new controller. If the electric control valves are the Imperial brass valves, a cheap controller won't do, because those particular valves drew much more current than today's valves do, and only a heavy duty controller like a Hunter ICC can supply the needed current.

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Saturday, June 25th 2005, 9:38am

I would say it is time for a new controller. Make sure you get something that will support the draw of those valves. Like Wetboots said, check out the Hunter ICC, it is an excellent controller, and will support the current draw of those valves.
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, June 25th 2005, 11:59am

Mind you, strictly for the money, you could keep using the Imperial Valet in that 'semi-automatic' mode for the rest of the season, and then try to fix it during the winter, when you can afford to do without sprinklers. There will still be timer repair services that can handle that sort of clock. Probably not for less than a hundred bucks, though, plus shipping over and back.

Rate this thread