You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

wannaBe

Friday, July 15th 2005, 4:56pm

Sprinkler for a small area?

Hi,
I have a small area between a curb and a sidewalk which is roughly 8' by 4' that desperately needs watering. I just bought this house and there was already lawn sprinklers installed. The previous owner have installed a 4" Full pop-up sprinkler(Rainbird) in the middle of that area. However, the sprinkler just skips the desired area and waters the steeet and concrete on the sidewalk. The 64 dollar question is what kind of sprinkler should buy so that it will water the desired area? Well, For me moving the current position of the sprinkler(which is in the middle) is not an option...

Any suggestions please....
Thanks in advance
WB

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, July 15th 2005, 5:33pm

They don't make anything that fits your situation. If you hire a pro to change it to make it work, rest assured, the head will be relocated.

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Friday, July 15th 2005, 9:48pm

Not only will the head be relocated, but there will probably be at least one more head installed in that area. There are two basic types of sprinklers, rotor and spray. You have a spray type head there now. Switching to a rotor won't help you at all, so the sprinkler will probably have to be relocated.
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, July 16th 2005, 2:39am

The best that you can probably do now, without moving the head, is to get a Rainbird 5F nozzle (and its fine mesh screen) - If you have sufficient pressure, you should see decent coverage.

tozar

Saturday, July 16th 2005, 1:35pm

Did you check if the nozzle is a strip pattern? You can use a center strip nozzle but these have more length than you need for 8 ft center. If there's something on each end besides concrete, then the overspray may not be a big deal.

Otherwise it sounds like you need the head relocated and another added as mentioned already.

Tom

Supreme Member

Monday, July 18th 2005, 5:15pm

2-5Q nozzles and 1-5H nozzle triangular spaced...........

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, July 18th 2005, 5:47pm

Or a single Rainbird MP5SSST as a side-strip nozzle, but this all gets away from the original posters request.

wannaBe

Friday, July 22nd 2005, 2:34pm

Thanks Wet Boots! I went to Lowe's and bought a Rainbird 5F nozzle. Luclily I had enough pressure. That is doing the trick trick for me. Thanks guys.

Jazzer K

Friday, September 2nd 2005, 5:31pm

you need to either use an end strip spray or a side strip spray.
Kasper's Landscape & Design Inc.

Rate this thread