You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

maxima2k6

Monday, July 25th 2005, 6:27pm

priming pump

<b><font color="blue">Can someone walk me through on priming a 1/2 horse sears craftman pump. There appears to be alot of air bubbbles at the surface of the pump. I just tied in another well point. </font id="blue"></b>

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, July 25th 2005, 8:28pm

If you're sucking air though the point (incompletely sealed joints) it will never stay primed, if it can prime at all.

maxima2k6

Wednesday, July 27th 2005, 6:17am

Yesterday I got the pump to prime. Pressure was good. I return back today and there was no water. I tried re-priming the pump and couldn't get it today. It prime yesterday, but not today. I did not do anything to the pipes leading to the well. My check valve however continues to have something caught up in so I cleaned it out. It also appears as if its letting the water drop back down. Any idea or advice. The pump i'm using is a rebuild sears craftman 1/2 horse. I wondering should I replace the check valve?

Anyone who has primed a pump before, walk me through if you would. One minute I get to prime, next time it takes forever.[:(!]Tks

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, July 27th 2005, 9:09am

Sometimes, the well point is clogged up, and inhibits the flow of water. A leaking check valve needs replacing.

Rate this thread