You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

c4char

Monday, August 29th 2005, 5:29am

Orbit Professional Controller

Has anyone had any actual experience with the Orbit Professional line? There is an unconditional 7 year warranty with the entire line which includes:
200 Series Valves
5500 Series PR Rotars
5400 Series Hard Top Sprays
Control Center 57552 12 station module

I am between two estimates right now and holding off on the decision because I want to make sure that the gear will last. I have had a hard time trying to find reviews from people who actually use these products. I have found info on cheaper Orbit stuff but I am only concerned with the professional line with the 7 year warranty.

After reading some of the posts, I want to know if the controller will allow me to cycle through zones. Instead of running a zone for 20 minutes, I want to be able to run for 6 min at 2am, then run again for 6 min at 3am, then 6min at 4am to avoid runoff and allow the plants to absorb the water at different intervals.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. My plan was to make a decision on Friday but I still have a concern about the products.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, August 29th 2005, 6:41am

Orbit stuff is here today and gone tomorrow. Don't figure on too many off-brand solid-state controllers being around seven years after purchase. If you have an alternative like Rainbird, look for ESP controllers and DV100 valves. The valves are especially important. Rainbird also has a line of home-center controllers you dont want to bother with.

Rate this thread