You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

grph

Wednesday, September 7th 2005, 10:40am

reduced pressure

I'm in the process of installing 1" pipe to feed my sprinklers.
I've Teed off to various heads and once I get to the end of the line and connect the last sprinkler I intend to use a 1" coupling reduced to 1/2" and fit funny pipe connections to it. Will this continue to maintain the pressure or should I put a 90 degree fitting and use funny pipe?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, September 7th 2005, 12:19pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by grph</i><br />I intend to use a 1" coupling reduced to 1/2" and fit funny pipe connections to it.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">A PVC user might have a better suggestion, but what you want to do is terminate the 1" line with a 1/2" FPT elbow or adapter, and thread a 1/2" funny pipe fitting into it.

If you're using poly pipe, you can get a fitting that adapts from 1" poly directly to funny pipe.

Rate this thread