You are not logged in.

grph

Friday, September 16th 2005, 9:52am

#4 valve

Wet Boots---
I checked the valve for clogging. The inner area of the housing was completely clear. In fact, I left the diaphram and top off and turned on the pump. I had plenty of water being pumped up to the valve housing.
I did notice the solenoid for #4 valve made more noise than the other soleniods. I don't know if this is a problem because I switched solenoids and the one for #4 worked on other valves.
I don't know what the problem is.
Maybe someone can make a suggestion that I haven't tried.
Thanks for your imput.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, September 16th 2005, 10:02am

The potential clog area is where the water flows into and out of the solenoid. You cannot inspect it visually, because it less than an eighth of an inch in diameter, and you need to probe the passageway with a marker flag. A Rainbird DV valve is one where glue can cover the passageway, where the pipe is cemented into the valve. Barring installation error, maybe something in the water supply has gummed up the works.

grph

Friday, September 16th 2005, 10:20am

Are you saying that the opening on the bottom of the solenoid needs to be probed or are you talking about the area where the 1" slip pipe is connected to the housing?
I hate to sound so dumb but I'm a newbe to sprinklers.

grph

Friday, September 16th 2005, 10:44am

Wet Boots--I used your last advice and went back outside and unscrewed the solenoid. I used a flag to probe the opening and low and behold the green screen (RainBird) came off in my hand. I almost had a heart attack. Inside the screen was a plastic gear looking disc with 3 small holes. I blew them out and put it back together and fitted it back in the solenoid and screwed it back into the body and it worked.
#4 valve is working like it is supposed to.
Thank you very much for your assistance. I have been working on this thing for 2 days and you made my day.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Rate this thread