You are not logged in.

MHerman60

Starting Member

Friday, September 30th 2005, 7:16pm

planning a new landscape area

I am starting to add a new zone to an existing system. Can you put spray heads and a drip system on the same zone?
If I used a retrofit pressure regulator what is the difference between using a xeri-bird 8 multi-outlet emission device and the 6 outlet manifold to start the drip part of the zone?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, October 1st 2005, 4:44am

Either one will do, but the more expensive one requires you install emitters in it, which also allows you to select higher-flow emitters, which are a better match with regular sprinklers.

trx310

Saturday, October 1st 2005, 6:51am

Netafilm drip is alot easier to deal with wen running with sprinklers. just run a flow controlled valve on it. easy money
A sprinkler system is only as good as the grass above it, make sure your timers are set when your sod man finishes.

Tom

Supreme Member

Tuesday, October 11th 2005, 3:25pm

do not put spray heads and drip on the same zone

jcruce13

Tuesday, October 11th 2005, 10:39pm

I have to second Tom on not putting a drip system on a zone.

This is coming from my personal experience. I'll try to give you an idea as to the problems I ran into early on when I mixed a drip system and rotor/impact sprinklers.

Lawn required waterings at different times depending on season and the amount of rainfall. The drip system required different waterings based on the plants.

The problems I had...

I drowned my wifes flowers and my lawn looked great or my lawn looked bad and the flowers looked bad.

Time was another problem with this because I had to keep adjusting my sprinklers to match what her flowers needed. It was a royal pain and was irritating me... Dont get me wrong I like the flower beds and everything. But my pride and joy is my bright green lawn.

So in the end I trenched some new lines to the flower beds and moved them to their own zone. The end result bright beautiful flowers and a nice green lawn.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks
-John

Rate this thread