You are not logged in.

rghash

Monday, January 30th 2006, 11:08am

Filter installation question

This is perhaps a dumb question, but I'm thinking of installing the 1" Vu-Flow 100 mesh stainless filter right before my PVB (split off main line before it goes thru water softener unit). Irrigation is entirely drip hose for landscaping. Water is from 500' well (hard water, occasional small sand) - I don't really perceive a water quality problem right now, but adding a filter seems like cheap insurance for all the drip hose...

Do this filter have to be installed in the vertical position? (ie, pipe being horizontal). Can they be installed horizontally? I've got two vertical pipes going to/from my PVB and the rest is below ground and ideally I would install the filter oriented horizontally on the vertical pipe.

I'm just not sure if that would affect functionality, the filter description doesn't mention orientation...

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, January 31st 2006, 7:27am

Install with pipe horizontal, so debris drops to outlet for drainage. For drip, you might look for a finer mesh than 100, depending on what sort of drip you're using. For regular sprinklers, the 100 is a good choice to protect valve operation, and 'clean-water' rotor heads.

Rate this thread