You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

KKunkel

Starting Member

Sunday, April 16th 2006, 1:07pm

12 zone controller replacement

First off, I want to say hi and intro myself. My family and I just relocated to Texas, and bought a house with a sprinkler system. I'm very glad to have found you guys! I know absolutely nothing about sprinkler systems.

I have a 12 zone Richdel R412 controller. It works on manual, but I can't seem to figure out how to get it to come on at the right times pm auto. The daily hour dial doesn't seem to be moving, but with my limited knowledge, I'm not even sure it should.

So, to my question. Considering my limited knowledge, what brands are affordable, and fairly easy to install? I'm looking to upgrade the controller to something alot more user friendly. I could also use some advice on this Richdel unit, so I can determine if it is working properly or not.

This is just the first of my many questions, because once I figure out the workings of the system, then I'll start asking questions about when and how much I'm supposed to water each zone. But that can wait for another post.

Thanks,

Kory

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Monday, April 17th 2006, 4:39pm

That particular controller is fairly outdated. I would suggest the Hunter Pro-C, or ICC. The Hunter Pro-C is great, and is very user friendly, with an LCD display and single button manual start. I would only suggest the ICC if you plan on adding more than 15 stations (the max the Pro-C can handle). The Hunter Pro-C is fairly priced, and is backed by a solid company.
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

Rate this thread