You are not logged in.

Clarindab

Starting Member

Thursday, July 18th 2002, 10:02am

Leaking Valves

Hi, we moved to a house with valves leaking when the sprinklers are on. Is this normal? I also noticed that after the sprinklers are shut off the valves are still leaking with a lot of water and will stop after an hour. Do we need to replace them? The previous owner said that it was replaced 3 years ago. Also, I noticed that there is pipe that is directed at the back of the backyard that is letting the water drip out when the sprinklers are on? What is this for? Also, my husband repaired the pipeline in one of the zones in my backyard and added more sprinkler heads and considerabley made the pressure so low that it even became so worse that it doesnt cover the whole yard. What do we need to do to avoid this problem? I hope someone will help me with this problem. Have a good day?

RVLI

Supreme Member

Wednesday, July 31st 2002, 8:21am

Is the soleniod on tight (not too tight, just hand tight) if not, maybe tighten that. The pipe might be for drainage, what kind of soil do you have? The increase the flow on the line that you added more heads to, maybe put a small nozzle within your GPM and PSI. It might make a LITTLE difference, but not much. You might have to remove the heads that you added and cap the risers or cut the pipe that you added for the new heads off. If you added more heads because of dry spots, I would hand water those areas if there isn't too many of them.

Hope this helps

Rate this thread