You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, April 24th 2006, 12:23pm

pop up sprinklers-low pressure

I have a problem with my sprinkler system and it seems to have started over the past few weeks. Our sprinkler system runs off a well, and we haven't had any rain in over two months. There are 8 zones in the system and the problem is in all zones. When the system starts, none of the pop ups come all the way up so there is not good coverage. If I go around and pull them all the way up, some of them stay, but in some zones, they barely open at all and when I pull up on them they go right back down. Could this be a well problem bacause of lack of rain here in south Florida, or do I have some other type of problem effecting my system. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, April 24th 2006, 12:59pm

Very likely a well problem. Lower water tables mean poor well performance. It might also be something so simple as a pressure switch that needs adjustment.

Monday, April 24th 2006, 4:26pm

Thank you wet boots, there is no pressure switch on my pump, but I do know that with no rain in over two months that the pump may be having a hard time pulling water. It seems like it takes a little longer to prime when has been off for a while.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, April 24th 2006, 5:43pm

A shallow-well pump might also suffer if the well point gets clogged, and impedes the flow of water. You should learn what the actual water table is. Past twenty feet, you'll begin to get marginal pump performance.

NORMA AYALA

Starting Member

Friday, May 12th 2006, 3:14pm

i HAVE A WELL PUMP AND 12 STATIONS AND THE PUMP IS NOT WORKING RIGHT
IT PUMPS IN SURGES AND I HAVE THE POP UP SPRINKLER SOME THEY DON'T POP UP AT ALL, DO I NEED A NEW PUMP? WHAT CAN I DO?
NORMA AYALA

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, May 12th 2006, 4:25pm

If it's a shallow well, you need to be certain nothing is wrong with the suction line. They make vacuum gauges you can check the suction pressure with. (it will be a negative pressure, which is why you need a vacuum gauge)

Rate this thread