You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

abm234

Saturday, May 13th 2006, 6:52pm

did I screw up/will this work

Rainbird designed a system for me based on a static pressure of 80 and 8 gpm. It called for 3/4 inch poly pipe and valves. 2 of my 5 zones have 6 rotators 1 zone has 7. So on Thurs I rented a machine and pulled 1000 ft of 3/4inch poly. I have since found out all the pros around here use 1 inch pipe. Now I'm worried that I messed up and this thing is not going to work. Any advice?
Dan

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, May 13th 2006, 11:29pm

At 8 gpm, you should be okay. The 1 inch pipe allows for higher flows. In any event, you can always use different rotor nozzles to balance things out.

abm234

Sunday, May 14th 2006, 6:54am

Thank you for the reply. Would it help any to connect 1 inch valves to the 3/4 inch pipe or to add another zone? Or should I just leave it as rainbird designed it. Thanks
Dan

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, May 14th 2006, 8:12am

If you already have 3/4 inch valves, stick with them. Most pros only use 1 inch valves, regardless of the pipe size, in order to simplify their inventory. That reasoning would apply to their only using 1 inch pipe, as well, regardless of flow.

If there is a surplus or deficiency in the sprinkler pressure, you should be able to compensate for it by changing the nozzles, once you've seen the as-designed performance.

Rate this thread