You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

letsrain

Sunday, June 4th 2006, 11:35am

Rotary Nozzle from Rainbird

Rainbird Europe can not supply his own rotary nozzles for us installers. Two jears ago they present for the first time...
Is anybody here that can tell problems with this items?

Tom

Supreme Member

Monday, June 5th 2006, 3:07pm

I believe rainbird pulled there rotary nozzles due to some problem..........you'll have to use mprotators

Vandy

Friday, August 18th 2006, 12:38pm

Actually, Rotary Nozzles are back on the market now.

www.rainbird.com/rotarynozzles

They were removed from the market based upon a winterization issue, but it has been resolved now.

Vandy

Friday, August 18th 2006, 12:38pm

Actually, Rotary Nozzles are back on the market now.

www.rainbird.com/rotarynozzles

They were removed from the market based upon a winterization issue, but it has been resolved now.

jaktrade

Saturday, September 30th 2006, 12:10pm

What is this "rotary nozzle" that you speak of? Is it a nozzle that fits in a rotor but creates a spray mist? I am familiar with mp rotators but not impressed by them...is there another option?

mrfixit

Saturday, September 30th 2006, 9:24pm

I'd like to add my two cents about MP Rotators. I avoided them since day one because of the cost. 5 dollars for a nozzle now. But in the past month I've installed them at three of my problem houses with low pressure. Instant coverage of the lawn was the result. Now I don't know what the life expectancy is for one of these nozzels. But for now, they've made both me and my customers very happy.
If I can't fix it, it's broken!

Vandy

Monday, October 2nd 2006, 5:53am

Jaktrade,

The Rotary Nozzle is a nozzle that fits in a spray head, but works like a rotor. It has multiple rotating streams that provide great uniformity. It you're familiar with MP Rotators, but not impressed by them, you should try the Rotary Nozzle. There are a few key differences between the two products. Rotary Nozzles have a slightly higher precipitation rate and a lower stream trajectory. This makes for much better resistance to wind drift. Additionally, the Rotary Nozzle is rated for operation all the way down to 20 psi, so it is great in retrofit applications for low pressure problems. Finally, the water vanes on the Rotary Nozzles a a bit larger which makes them more resistant to clogged vanes and/or stalls.

Check out the link in my post from August 18.

Vandy

Monday, October 2nd 2006, 6:02am

mrfixit,

Try not to think of the product as a nozzle. What you really have is a short range rotor. It has a precipitation rate like a rotor. It moves like a rotor. It has the uniformity of a rotor. It just happens to fit on a spray head. If you take a Rotary Nozzle for around $5.00 and add it to a 1804 spray head for $1.50 to $2.00, you have a total cost of $6.50 to $7.00 which is actually less expensive than a comparable mini rotor (like a PGJ or 3504). And it is more reliable because it has fewer moving parts.

Plus, from a new install point of view, you can end up saving a lot more money if you consider the flow is so much lower. In most cases you can fit 50% to 60% more heads on a zone when you use Rotary Nozzles instaed of traditional spray nozzles. Plus, you can space your heads farther apart. That eliminates valves and heads, which reduces cost and (most importantly) TIME.

mrfixit

Monday, October 2nd 2006, 10:16am

Vandy,

Why do I get the impression you work for RainBird? All I did was say I'm in favor of MP Rotators and I get a sales lecture on a totally different product. Again I sense a RainBird rep. You ask me to not think of them as a nozzle. Well lets reflect shall we? Here's a quote from what you said to Jaktrade.

"The Rotary Nozzle is a nozzle that fits in a spray head"

If I can't fix it, it's broken!

Rate this thread