You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

RJB

Tuesday, June 6th 2006, 3:56am

Motion Detector to activate 'geese' zone!!

I have an existing customer whose lot includes a pond. He has noticed that when the zone adjacent to the pond is run in manual mode that the geese move back into the pond or out of his yard.

He has asked me if I can activate the zonefor a minute or two with a motion detector. Interesting idea which could become a real nuisance, but it is a sales opportunity, and 'the customer is always right'. I have tried to sell him a remote, but he wants to herd the geese away whenever they wander near his patio. I can understand why. What a mess!

Anyone have a solution? [:D]

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, June 6th 2006, 4:45am

How about you sell him a watchdog?

bobw

Advanced Member

Thursday, June 8th 2006, 8:54am

Try a Scarecrow Motion Activated Sprinkler.

I know several people that have used this successfully with deer.

RJB

Friday, June 9th 2006, 2:57am

Good feedback. Thanks. The watchdog is probably the best. I will buy the outdoor motion detector if anyone can give me a clue how to wire it into a 24V a.c. controller. This job has a Toro TMC-212. If needed, I would consider putting the 'geese' (or deer) zone on it's own controller. Do any electrical guru's have suggestions?

Time to go to work!! Thanks for the help.

Rate this thread