You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

jabbo

Wednesday, June 7th 2006, 3:57am

pro spray fixed nozzles

I put Pro Sprays in the back of my beds around my house. I put the 4" heads so that the top of the head was even with the top of the straw.So when these heads pop up the water spays straight out or even down a little.I was under the impression(going by the pictures in the Hunter Catolog) that the spray would go UP at appr. a 30 degree or so angle.So is this the way all the nozzles for a pro spray will perform or is this just the FIXED SPRAY nozzles.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, June 7th 2006, 4:41am

If you're talking strip-spray nozzles in those beds, they do have a flat trajectory to the sides. Nothing but machined brass nozzles will shoot at a 30 degree trajectory. 25 degrees or less is the standard for plastic nozzles.

jabbo

Wednesday, June 7th 2006, 6:51am

Thanks for the reply. These are fixed nozzles, only come in 90,180 and 360. If they would spray at 20 to 25 degrees that would be good but they spray straight out. So some of the stuff in the beds is not getting watered. Also Wet Boots,I am the guy you was complaining to a couple of weeks ago on Lawnsite.com about going ahead and starting on my project instead of rambling on. Well, I finally got my system in except for the issue with these heads. I have 9 rotor zones(40 heads) and 1 spray zone for all my beds(18 heads). Hunter pgp and pro sprays, pgv 1" globe valves, pro C contoller,rain/wind sensor also. Will post pics on other site as soon as I can. Thanks for all the help.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, June 7th 2006, 11:30am

Well, Hunter's catalog describes the fixed nozzles with having 28 degree trajectories, if you use the 12, 15, or 17 foot ones. 10 footers are 15 degrees and 8 footers are zero degrees. If you have the proper pressure, you should see 'textbook' performance. 18 spray heads may or may not be too many for a single zone, depending on the nozzles and the water supply.

(By the way, I don't mean it to ever sound as complaining as much as a caution to not get into the trap of 'paralysis by analysis' ~ sometimes the only way to get going is to get going.)

Rate this thread