You are not logged in.

gbrandt

Tuesday, July 18th 2006, 12:14pm

low voltage wire

I just moved to missouri from california, in ca our Irrigation valves were above ground and here for frost reasons they are underground. When having my system worked on in Ca. the irrigation tech. told me the reason why my dog kept chewing the wires off of my solinoids was because they (Dogs) are atracted to low voltage. Well to say the least, when we moved to Mo. a valve box lid was missing and I asked the irrigation contarctor to please replace and explained what I was told before about dogs being atracted to the low voltage, to say the least he thought I was crazy. well before he could or should I say would replace the lid my halfbreaad dog chewed off the wires again. So who is right are they (dogs) atracted to low votage[?] or not.
signed,
confused

Tom

Supreme Member

Thursday, July 20th 2006, 9:23am

i'd say that dogs are attracted to any and all wires

gbrandt

Friday, July 21st 2006, 7:51am

After posting this I called a company back in Ca. Hydroscape, a parts wherehouse that sells all Irrigation products,
they , the manager confirmed that certain anamials are atracted to low voltage that they can sense it or smell it so to speak. He said here in the midwest, that gophers, moles @ groundhogs are also known to be attracted to lowvoltage. So just because my valves are under ground and in boxs does not mean that I'm 100% safe from such damage. It just felt good to know I'm not crazy.
Tom,
Thank you for your response[:)]

Rate this thread