You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

iguanabob69

Starting Member

Saturday, August 12th 2006, 5:13am

Pump losing prime

I have a six zone system that draws the water from a pond behind my house. The elevation from the water source to the pump is about 6 feet. The pump is a 1-1/2hp pump. I can prime the pump and water all six zones. Next time I go to use the system, it seems that the pump has lost its prime and I have to re-prime it. I don't want to leave it on automatic with the system in this state. I don't want to burn up my pump. This problem started recently atfer I replaced the wiring from the timer to the valves. Any ideas out there?

Bob

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, August 12th 2006, 9:43am

Suction line leaks are the most important thing to check for. Be absolutely certain that there are no suction line leaks or check valve problems.

Rate this thread