You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

planodad

Starting Member

Monday, August 14th 2006, 1:44pm

Water Will Not Come On

I have been going through web sites on top of web site trying to figure out something. My system will not spray water. I have power to the controller.

About three weeks ago I had to turn the main water off at the curb and before I did this there was a green box that says Control Valve on top of it, so I went ahead and turned it off too. Well after the work was completed I turned the MV and the CV back on (or I think I did), but the CV spicket seems like it stripped out closed and I was just wondering if this is the case wouldn't the main water line be closed also? is the sprinkler systems water coming from this CV or somewhere in the house......all I see on the web site is blue handle this and that and I can't find one around my house.

I am running the Richdell R412 as my control panel (I know it is outdated, but it seems to work ok).

thank you in advance.

Fred

mrfixit

Monday, August 14th 2006, 4:26pm

Hi there. I'm going to assume that inside that green box is a gate valve that turns the water supply off to your sprinkler system only. This is why you have water to the house and not the sprinklers. I'm always leary about shutting off an old gate valve because they can strip in the off position just as you described. And you can't turn it back on without taking it apart and manually unscrewing it. Or by replacing the valve. I've see a ball valve do the same thing but this is rare. If I'm confusing you with the terms ball and gate valve. They're just two types of shut off valves. If you're confident enough you can unscrew the top half of the valve off and solve the problem. Just remember if you ever have to turn it off again you'll run into the same problem. I suggest replacing the valve. Good luck!
If I can't fix it, it's broken!

Rate this thread