You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

xliang

Tuesday, September 3rd 2002, 12:18pm

PVC size for lateral lines of the sprinkler heads

My main water line into the house uses 3/4" cupple pipe. For this I plan to use 3/4" PVC for the main supply line of each zone. A few questions:

[1] I plan to order from you the Rain Bird sprinkler heads. Do these heads use 1/2" or 3/4" input connectors?

[2] What size of the PVC shall I use for the lateral lines that delivar water from the main supply line to the sprinkler heads? If the sprinkler head uses 1/2" connector (is it correct?), shall I use 1/2" for all lateral lines?

[3] Do you have Rain Bird sprinkler heads that produce a rectangular spray pattern? Where shall I look for these heads? What are the dimension size of these heads, assuming my water pressure is 55 psi?

[4] I also look for air compressor for wintering. According to your guidelines, it shall provide 10 to 25 CFM with pressure less than 50 psi. I look through the local department store, such as LOWES, MENARDS, they only carry ones with 4-7 CFM. Where shall I look for this?

RVLI

Supreme Member

Sunday, September 8th 2002, 10:02am

Hi,
I have your answers for you in the order you asked them:

1.) What kind or Rainbird heads are you ordering? 1800 spray (1/2") 3500 rotor (1/2") 5000 rotor (3/4") T-Bird rotor (3/4") any others refer to the Rainbird website at www/rainbird.com

2.) Use 1" PVC for your mainline to the valve manifolds, then run 3/4" Poly or PVC (your choice) for sprays, and 1" Poly or PVC to rotors for your laterals.

3.) Rainbird makes a nozzle called "Rectangular Side, Center, or End Strip." They are for sale on sprinklerwarehouses online store.

4.) You shouldn't go less than 10 cfm pressure regulator set at about 55. I recomend you have a professional winterize your system for you.

Rate this thread