You are not logged in.

Tuesday, October 3rd 2006, 4:36am

Sprinkler Head

I have a one year old sprinkler system. All the heads are I-20 Hunter heads. Three of them will not come up to spray. My first zone has four heads and three of them do not come up to spray. I have cleaned them and put them back but still they shoot out water at the grass level but will not come up for proper spraying. PLEASE HELP[:I].

Thanks

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, October 3rd 2006, 7:08am

Broken pipe? Bad valve, not fully opening? Pressure too low, in general, for I-20s? You can use a Hunter adjusting tool, or a flat-blade screwdriver to shut the flow of individual heads. That can help you look for leaks.

Tuesday, October 3rd 2006, 7:54am

I did use a cap that I screwed on one of the pipes and I do not "think" there is a leak. The reason I say that is one of the four heads in that zone is working fine. Is there away to test the sprinkler head to find out that it is functioning properly? I will try again.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Wet_Boots</i>
<br />Broken pipe? Bad valve, not fully opening? Pressure too low, in general, for I-20s? You can use a Hunter adjusting tool, or a flat-blade screwdriver to shut the flow of individual heads. That can help you look for leaks.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, October 3rd 2006, 11:58am

A system about a year old should be under warranty, and serviced for free. If one head works fine, and the rest don't, there could be a blockage or a leak.

Rate this thread