You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, October 3rd 2006, 4:36am

Sprinkler Head

I have a one year old sprinkler system. All the heads are I-20 Hunter heads. Three of them will not come up to spray. My first zone has four heads and three of them do not come up to spray. I have cleaned them and put them back but still they shoot out water at the grass level but will not come up for proper spraying. PLEASE HELP[:I].

Thanks

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, October 3rd 2006, 7:08am

Broken pipe? Bad valve, not fully opening? Pressure too low, in general, for I-20s? You can use a Hunter adjusting tool, or a flat-blade screwdriver to shut the flow of individual heads. That can help you look for leaks.

Tuesday, October 3rd 2006, 7:54am

I did use a cap that I screwed on one of the pipes and I do not "think" there is a leak. The reason I say that is one of the four heads in that zone is working fine. Is there away to test the sprinkler head to find out that it is functioning properly? I will try again.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Wet_Boots</i>
<br />Broken pipe? Bad valve, not fully opening? Pressure too low, in general, for I-20s? You can use a Hunter adjusting tool, or a flat-blade screwdriver to shut the flow of individual heads. That can help you look for leaks.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, October 3rd 2006, 11:58am

A system about a year old should be under warranty, and serviced for free. If one head works fine, and the rest don't, there could be a blockage or a leak.

Rate this thread