You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

H2Orookie

Starting Member

Wednesday, March 28th 2007, 2:21pm

Pressure options

I pulled off some sprinkler install instructions online and I've run into an issue. I followed everything, but my sprinkler heads are only going out to about 7-10 ft which is less than the 15ft I had planned for. So now I have a bunch of spots that are not getting any water. I am tapping into my hose bibb which has a 3/4" copper pipe. I have 67psi according to a pressure gauge and 5gpm according to the bucket method. All this was at the bibb that I tapped into. I have four zones using Toro jar top anti-siphon valves. Two zones are over 100ft in length so I used 1" PVC and the other are less than 100ft so I used 3/4" PVC for those. Each zone has four Toro 570 heads which I thought would spray atleast 15ft. According to the online instructions it calculated to about 21ft between heads. I don't have any that are more than that. Can someone help me to get more pressure or give me advice in what I can do to get the 15ft that I need from each sprinkler head? I read a bunch of other posts, but I couldn't find any solutions for my issue. I don't have a pressure regulator in the house. No basement. Anything would be greatly appreciated.

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Thursday, March 29th 2007, 1:26am

Are the Toro 15 foot heads full circle sprays (360 degrees) ?

If they are...they EACH use more than 2 gpm...hence your problem.

The full uses 3.6 gpm....you are trying to use 3 times the amount of water available...even if you had 200psi this won't work.

The half uses 1.65 gpm.....you can't even run 4 1/2 circle nozzles to get this to work.

I'm not sure what you did wrong with the design guide...but it is time for "do-overs".....
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

lush96

Advanced Member

Sunday, April 29th 2007, 6:38pm

5 gpm is real low for flow. sprinkler guy is right. if your gpm is low but your pressure is ok, consider installing a booster pump. this is something that only a pro should do though. either that or cut the amount of heads in half per zone.

Rate this thread