You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

BenC

Tuesday, April 10th 2007, 6:32pm

Imperial Valet clock motor

I have a 6-station Imperial Valet timer with a weak clock motor. It runs until it gets to the point of moving the cam or gear to flip to the next day, at which point it stalls out. I've cleaned and lubricated all the mechanical parts in the timer with no improvement, and so conclude that the motor is weak or the internal gears in the motor housing are crudded up (I decided not to try to pull the sealed clock motor case apart to get to the gears). Does anyone know of a source for a new clock motor? I cannot find a model number on the unit -- only the name "Imperial Valet." Thanks for any information.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, April 11th 2007, 4:48am

Google is your friend ~ and unless you have an old system with high-current Imperial solenoid valves, you might buy a new controller for less than the motor would cost you.

BenC

Wednesday, April 11th 2007, 8:07am

Thanks for the reply. I'd like to keep my Imperial timer, though, and that's why I am trying to find a source for a clock motor.

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Wednesday, April 11th 2007, 9:29am

If you need a timing motor...I bet I could get you one...that may or may not fix it however.

If you want to send the timer to me to be gone through, we can do that as well....

sprinklersolutions@msn.com

Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, April 11th 2007, 1:46pm

All those motors should continue to be available from several sources, who can decipher what you have, if you can give them the name and numbering from the original motor.

Tom

Supreme Member

Wednesday, April 11th 2007, 5:35pm

OR, its time to join the 21st century

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, April 12th 2007, 3:07am

But Imperial Valets are just way cool, and about as bulletproof a controller as ever existed. The down side only comes much later, when the cost of all the replacement motors you might need get added up.

BenC

Tuesday, April 17th 2007, 5:38pm

Thanks to those responding to my post. After scouring the country and finding a couple of sources, turns out the clock motor was available locally, and at a lesser cost even after adding in sales tax! My troubleshooting was correct, and now I have a nice working controller. Now on to find seat washers and diaphragms for my Imperial-Crown valves, which my local source is out of.

Rate this thread