You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Admin

Administrator

Wednesday, April 11th 2007, 8:01pm

EZ FLo Fertilization System - How it works...

After reviewing all the discussions about EZ Flo Fertilization Systems...We thought we would be good to give a brief summary below of what the EZ Flo Fertilizer System is and and how it works .

EZ FLo is now available for purchase at:
SprinklerWarehouse.com

EZ-FLO Main Line Systems attach directly to your in-ground sprinkler and/or drip irrigation system. Every time you use your irrigation system, EZ-FLO releases small, precision doses of water soluble or liquid non-hazardous fertilizers into the water stream.

EZ-FLO Systems can be installed in minutes. We recommend that they be installed in an underground valve box but they can also be hidden under decorative rocks or housed in above ground structures when necessary.

One of the unique attributes of an EZ-FLO system is its ability to precisely proportion fertilizer concentrate into a water stream in an extremely accurate manner. This is called "Micro-Dosing". Not only is the amount of fertilizer concentrate proportioned accurately but the individual fertilizer elements of N-P-K are also in consistent ratios when exiting the irrigation system from beginning of the fill cycle to the end of the cycle.

Many people erroneously assume that fertilizer in the EZ-FLO system is simply diluted as it goes through an entire cycle. However as can be seen above, dilution does not actually occur. EZ-FLO’s patented flow technologies effectively create an “invisible bladder” that separates the clear water entering the tank from the fertilizer concentrate at the bottom of the tank. As clear water is introduced into the tank, it arrives in a number of areas. Port water inlets at the top of the tank create a clear layer of water that separates it from the fertilizer concentrate. Additionally a micro-jet agitation nozzle at the bottom of the tank gently agitates the fertilizer concentrate keeping the resulting semi-dissolved concentrate at even concentration levels leaving the tank. As a result there is no effective dilution of the suspended N-P-K.

EZ-FLO technology results in a level application rate and there is no concentration/dilution "spike" as occurs in other proportioning systems.
SprinklerTalk.com

Fertigation Guru

Friday, April 13th 2007, 11:38am

I am glad to see that sprinkler warehouse has added EZ FLO products to its line of fertigation systems. As I have previously mentioned, I am a big supporter of fertigation because of its benefits to landscapes and the environment. In addition, EZ FLO is the system I almost always recommend as it is the one I use myself.

gregory1420

Advanced Member

Friday, April 13th 2007, 6:20pm

would you say its better then the feritgator?

Fertigation Guru

Tuesday, April 17th 2007, 1:41pm

I would say they each have their respective strengths. Fertigator is a precise unit, but does not offer the same flexibility or reliability as the EZ FLO.

Admin

Administrator

Tuesday, April 17th 2007, 7:30pm

Here is my summary of differences between the FertiGator Pro System and the EZ Flo System:

The FertiPro:
Is the only sprinkler system fertilizer unit that is programmable by irrigation zone (meaning you can program the FertiGator Pro to apply a different amount of fertilizer for each zone of the property). This is a great flexibility to have. It means you can fertilize the front flowerbeds more than the front lawn area, but fertilize the front lawn area more than the back yard, etc. You can use any liquid fertilizer with this system, however, most people use FertiGator liquid fertilizer since it is conc. perfectly for use with the FertiPro System.

The thing to remember is that you will need to install the FertiGator Pro controller next to your sprinkler system controller and run 2 wires from the FertiGator controller out to the injector(s) which you install on the mainline pipe of your sprinkler system.
Some people do not like to do the work required to run the 2 wires to the injector(s), but the reward is you have total control over how much fertilizer is applied to each section of your lawn and Landscape! Also the FertiGator Pro is a pricier fertilizer system.

How FertiPro Works:
- The controller reads the sprinkler system timer to determine what zone is on.
- The controller then tells the injector how many times to pulse in order to deliver the right amount of product to that zone.
- The injector pulses the proper number of times, drawing the fertilizer through the 1/4" polyethylene tubing from wherever the fertilizer is located (usually near the injector in a valve box or outdoor enclosure or in your garage) into the main water line of your sprinkler system.
- The FertiPro injects exactly 1 mil. per pulse which can be adjusted easily at the controller.

The EZ Flo:
Is simple, easy to install and affordable for all, it is extremely popular with all size lawn and gardens. The EZ Flo has no wiring and no controller, so installation is easy and fast (usually about 30 min) and refilling can be done quickly. The EZ Flo has durable construction and no moving parts so it requires little or no maintenance. You can use any solid "water soluble" fertilizer or any liquid fertilizer with this system, however, most people use EZ Flo (made by Grow More) solid "water soluble" fertilizer since it is inexpensive and dissolves perfectly for use with the EZ Flo System.

Simple yet Precise - EZ-FLO Main Line Systems attach directly to your in-ground sprinkler and/or drip irrigation system. Every time you use your sprinkler system, EZ-FLO releases small, precision doses of water soluble or liquid fertilizers into the water stream.

How EZ Flo Works:
The EZ Flo System consists of a small PVC tank and coupling connector to inject the fertilizer into the water (see pictures of EZ Flo unit is my topic post above). The PVC Tank is installed underground in a valve box somewhere next to the sprinkler system mainline. The injector coupling connector is a coupler is installed by cutting the mainline pipe and gluing or threading on the coupler. When an irrigation zone valve is turned on, the EZ-FLO fertigation unit automatically adjusts to pressure and flow and precisely meters out the appropriate fertilizer based on the water volume flowing into that zone.

EZ-FLO fertigation units have an adjustable cap with four reference settings corresponding to the amount of fertilizer mixed with the water: The cap can also be set at points between these four reference settings for unlimited adjustment flexibility.
One of the unique attributes of an EZ-FLO system is its ability to precisely proportion fertilizer concentrate into a water stream in an extremely accurate manner. Not only is the amount of fertilizer concentrate proportioned accurately but the individual fertilizer elements of N-P-K are also in consistent ratios when exiting the irrigation system from beginning of the fill cycle to the end of the cycle.

Summary: So Which Do You Buy?

To determine if the FertiGator FertiPro or the EZ Flo System is right for you, you will need to ask yourself "Do I want to be able to precisely inject different amounts of fertilizer for each section of my yard (different amount for flowerbeds and different amount for front lawn, and different amount for back landscaping)? If you want this ability you will need to buy the FertiPro Fertilizer System.

If you want an easier installation without the need to have a Fertilizer Controller or wires, and you want to apply the same amount of fertilizer to all areas of your yard and landscaping, you will need to buy the EZ Flo Fertilizer System.

You can't go wrong with either of the two Fertilizer Systems!

:thumbup:
SprinklerTalk.com

gregory1420

Advanced Member

Friday, April 20th 2007, 5:58pm

i just got the fertigator in march like the unit so far it looks like if i were to get the ez flow it would have cost more $ b/c i got an arce so i would have to get the ez010 and thats over 700.00 and it looks like the fertilizer is more $ also... ezflow looks simple to install

gwrace

Wednesday, April 25th 2007, 9:47am

I am also on 1 acre but have elected to water the area just around the house. That gets me down to roughly 1/2 acre to water and fertilize. I went with the EZ Flo mainline 4.5 gallon tank size. It cost me $625.00 to have it installed along with the new sprinkler system. That included permitting, testing, installation, 25lb bag of fertilizer, and high hazard backflow preventer. It's a great system.

gregory1420

Advanced Member

Wednesday, April 25th 2007, 4:34pm

i would install myself but it looks like if my math is correct the ez flow would cost more money for me...or am i wrong?

i have an acre and all is watered

gwrace

Thursday, April 26th 2007, 6:48am

That may be true. Personally I chose the EZ Flo because you weren't obligated to use a proprietary liquid only fertilizer. The EZ Flo will take any water soluble or liquid fertilizer by any manufacturer. I also did not have the need to apply different rates or types of fertilizer to different zones. It's all turf.

Fertigation Guru

Tuesday, May 1st 2007, 9:37am

I can not think of any reason why an EZ FLO would cost more unless your sizing is incorrect. Look long term at fertilizer costs, EZ FLO will always be cheaper. Especially if you think about how much fertilizer is actually being delivered.

Rate this thread