You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

davel

Monday, April 30th 2007, 8:32am

Febco 3/4" Reduced Pressure Assembly leaking

Ok, I blew out my lines last year and the Febco 3/4" Reduced Pressure Assembly was spewing air out of the bottom relief valve(along with blowing out the lines). This year when I hooked it back up all it does is let the water coming through it clear out the bottom relief valve. Aside from buying a new unit, how can I fix it or is there something else that I need to do to "pressurize the unit"?

Tom

Supreme Member

Monday, April 30th 2007, 6:43pm

fouled check valve

disassembly to inspect

davel

Friday, May 4th 2007, 5:29am

Upon disassembly, one of the check valves snapped or was snapped and one of the springs broke or was broke.

Where can I get the parts for the unit? All of the stores have the pvb units but I don't think it will work with this unit, am I wrong? I can't imagine that the little springs and plastic pieces can cost that much so I would just like to replace the inards of the unit. Also what is used to seal the unit when putting it back together?

I am going to order another unit in the meantime to have a backup incase this happens again.

Rate this thread