You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

worktruck

Starting Member

Monday, January 27th 2003, 12:42pm

low-maintenance rotor heads

I'm watering an area about 20ft by 40ft. I understand that for this size area I should be considering rotor heads. My small previous experience with rotor heads (toro multi-stream) has left me a little wary (they seemed to plug up easily).

What brand/model sprinklers have you used that seem to hold up well. I'm especially interested in heads that don't require much maintenance. A low-rate head would be a bonus, since the soil here takes it's sweet time soaking up the h2o

Thanks.

RVLI

Supreme Member

Tuesday, January 28th 2003, 3:26am

My personal suggestion would be a Rainbird 5000 SAM rotor. The excellent seal on that rotor keeps dirt and debris out of the casing to prevent it from getting caught and plugged. If your soil takes a while to absorb water, I would suggest putting a smaller nozzle on and running that zone for a longer period of time.

Another rotor I would suggest it the Hunter I-20 or PGP. Both have good seals, and I think that if you would put a smaller nozzle on and ran it for a longer amount of time, all of these rotors would do you good.

Hope this helps

nestors

Advanced Member

Wednesday, February 26th 2003, 11:43am

You can Install a I-20 Hunter with a Backflow and a shut off on top of head ,also you reduce the flow with the Key.

Nestor's....

www.NestorsLandscape.com

www.nightlighting.net

vincent nestor
Vincent Nestor
Nestor's Sprinklers & Lighting
Alpharetta,Ga.30022

vpn1@bellsouth.net

www.NestorsLandScape.com
www.GeorgiaLighting.net

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Saturday, May 17th 2003, 2:27pm

It depends on your pressure, I would use the following rotors.

Higher Pressure (I-20 (hunter) Plastic or Stainless Steel))
High pressure - Hunter PGP
Lower Pressure - Rainbird T=BIrd

Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

Rate this thread