You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

arvi007

Friday, July 20th 2007, 3:38am

Hunter I-20 - Head wont popup

Hi,

I have searched the forums on this issues but there is no clear answer.

The Hunter I-20 head doesn't popup on one of my sprinklers. It rotates and works if I pull it up manually. Its about 6 years old.

I tried reading about it on Hunters manuals but I didn't see what might be the problem. First I thought it might be the spring but then I read that the spring is for return not popup..( correct me if I am wrong )... At this time I am not sure what might be the problem.

Any ideas what may be wrong ... and if it would be best to just replace the head ?

Thanks in advance.
Arvin

drpete3

Supreme Member

Friday, July 20th 2007, 5:27am

Ill bet you have snad keeping it from popping up. dig around the head half way to the bottom. Unscrew the head from the body. I am not talking about unscrewing the head from the supply line. Unscrew the top and pull the head out. Youll now see the spring you were referring to. go to your nearset water source and push the head up and down while under the water and youll clear the debris from the seal. Next put you sprinkler back and turn it on. VIOLA it sould be fixed.

My description may sound cmplicated but rest assured this is super simple. one star out of five.
Thanks,

Pete

arvi007

Friday, July 20th 2007, 2:50pm

Thanks for the instructions.

I will try the process out tomorrow and hope it fixes everything.

Thanks a lot.
Arvin

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Saturday, July 21st 2007, 12:12am

Or
It may not be getting enough water to pop up...due to an obstruction in the pipe leading to it...
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

arvi007

Saturday, July 21st 2007, 11:34am

Pete,

Your suggestion worked great.

The sprinkler head working is great .. i.e. popping out and retracting perfectly. There was some sand and now that its clean its working fine.

Sprinklerguy...
Thanks for your suggestion... but my other sprinklers close to the one with problems, are working.

Thanks to both of you for your suggestions.
Arvin

Rate this thread