You are not logged in.

mrfixit

Thursday, August 16th 2007, 3:48pm

It still sounds like a bad diaphragm. They can get stiff and not open all the way via the timer but will open all the way when you open the bleed screw. As far as not shutting off goes. Here's three reasons off the top of my head. One, the diaphragm is stiff and doesn't want to close after you opened it all the way. Two, the old diaghpragm has a hole in it. Three, the flow control is open too far or you don't have a flow control at all. There's more but you can see there's something wrong with the valve. You either need a new diaphragm which should fix the problem or replace the whole valve. I'd still be asking myself where the water in the box is coming from. Your expert should have repaired the valve. He knew it wasn't fixed. Good luck!
If I can't fix it, it's broken!

robo

Saturday, August 18th 2007, 12:13pm

yeah, i guess my expert isn't such an expert. i'll start with the diaphragm and see if that does it. then, if not, a whole new valve. i don't have a flow control adjuster. just the solenoid and bleed.

as for the water in the box, its from me opening the bleed. and, not doing such a great job of putting the box and top back on. i figure it may be smart to dig all around and fill with class 5 or pea stone and then reset the box.

thanks for your help.

Rate this thread