You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

longdg

Starting Member

Wednesday, April 23rd 2003, 1:08pm

Imperial Valet Timer substitution

I was trying to substitute one of the lower end RainBird (PC-506) for this Imperial timer with a pump relay connection for the lake intake. The valves are all 1 1/2" and put in around 1984 (not sure what brand they are). When I tried to manually start one zone, it blew the fuse. I noticed the Imperial timer tranformer is rated at 40 VA whereas the RainBird is much less. I think I may have overloaded the RainBird. If so, can anyone recommend a better timer closer to 40 VA specs.

PS. The Imperial Valet is working fine and still is... just looking for a little more flexibility in programming.

RVLI

Supreme Member

Friday, April 25th 2003, 6:29pm

Try a higher commercial grade controller, such as the Rainbird ESP-LX. This controller should be able to support the higher VAC valves. It is also very flexible with programming. I suggest you give it a try.

Rate this thread