You are not logged in.

mark2030

Starting Member

Monday, May 5th 2008, 3:23am

Manual to remote control

Not sure if this is the right section to post this questoin in.... We have 4.5 acres on 10 zones operated by manual ball type valves. We would like to up-grade the system to a remote-control, wireless system. I was looking at the Irritrol valves and the Irritrol IBOC 300 valve mounted controllers with the Irritrol PCP8-Plus remote control programmer. I have 2" pvc and am on well water. What 2" Irritrol valves will work with the IBOC 300 controls? And/Or is there a better way/product out there to accomplish this? Our valves stations are split up into three different loctions on the property, so digging up the yard to lay wires isn't an option.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Mark

Big Dog

Tuesday, August 5th 2008, 1:29pm

Last time I checked into it no one made a remote valve above 1", I had a 1 1/2 rainbird system and supply house told me that it wouldn't work

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, August 5th 2008, 1:57pm

There are battery-powered valves (and battery-powered solenoid adapters) ~ You don't have a wireless network commanded from some central controller, you have individual (or grouped, depending on layout) controllers running the valves. All this technology costs money, and if the wire wasn't getting so expensive, you would probably want to take another look at installing control wiring. In terms of operating reliability, you should consider the conventional wiring.