You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

DarrellKD

Starting Member

Thursday, May 8th 2008, 9:58pm

All stations are active at once

I have a Toro Vision @ system that i tried to activate today. All the stations are active, even when they are not supposed to be. This causes the pressure to be so low that none of the staions will work. I have had "mole" problems in the master valve box and had to dig out the dirt which was to the top of the box. I have tried to remove the wires from each station except the common and the pump wire and the system still acts as though all stations are still connected .The timers allow water to flow even when the time is switched to zero.

mrfixit

Thursday, May 8th 2008, 11:38pm

Similar question

I recall a very similar question once. We suggested that there's not enough pressure to close the diaphragms on all the valves at once so none of them are closing. If you have a flow control, which is right in the middle of the valve, try turning those off one at a time to see if you can build enough pressure to close the diaphragms. It worked for that guy.

Good luck!
If I can't fix it, it's broken!

mrfixit

Friday, May 9th 2008, 10:30am

More input

I've given this more thought. How about this scenario. There's something wrong with the master valve. It's not shutting off all the way so it's allowing water to get through. This way there wouldn't be enough pressure to close the diaphragms. I do have another idea which I wont go into because I don't think it's the problem. Just in case, try disconnecting that pump wire and see if the heads stop leaking.

Once again, good luck!

mrfixit

Friday, May 9th 2008, 5:48pm

Email

I recieved an email today. It's ok to ask a question here Darrell.

"Dear Mr. Fixit:
I talked to another person today about the
problem. He suggested that the diaphragms need to be
replaced in the valves. Does that sound plausible
to you? Is that something that I should tackle by
myself?
Thanks for your input."

--

Is it possible? Yes it's possible. I did see 6 out of 6 diaphragms bad "ONE" time. I'd just make sure that was the problem before you went to the trouble and expense. Can you do it yourself? I say go for it!

Good luck!

Rate this thread