You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

mugentuner

Advanced Member

Tuesday, May 13th 2008, 5:08pm

Meyers 1 1/2 Hp pump not starting sprinklers

Hey guys,

Long time i haven't been on the forum. Lots of nice changes since i've been here last. Anyway, lately been having issues with my irrigation. The pump just sounds off as usual and i'm getting what seems to be good pressure but it never starts up any of the zones even in 'manual' mode anymore (i start the pump manually from the relay as a test and turn on one valve manually as well). Zone 1 and Zone 2, nothing comes out of any sprinkler heads. However, zone 3 shows promise and almost lifts the heads of the sprinklers but still no sprinklers popping up properly. I was thinking of flushing the system from the pump to valve box, then try flushing each zone individually. Any ideas on what you guys would try first to get this working again. I have faith you guys will help me out as usual. Thanks :thumbsup:

mugentuner

Advanced Member

Tuesday, May 13th 2008, 8:02pm

update on findings with pump.

Ok guys,

Took another look at the irrigation today while had some sunlight left. Found that when running zone 3, the sprinklers bubble like not enough pressure in the system. Took a look around and sure enough found that there is a leak in the ground. Fitting possibly blew apart. Will repair that end.

Also, did a test by disconnecting all valves and connected my manual flusher that connects to the valve stem coming from the pump, low and behold looks like old faithful erupting with water once i started up the pump. So i know the pump is still pulling good vacuum and providing good pressure.

Now for Zone 1 and Zone 2. When i connect and manually open either one and start the pump, absolutely nothing flows it seems. When i go back to look at which valve was opened you can see where the pump was leaking a little water by manually opening the valve but i hear nothing getting past the valve. Could my valve diaphrams be screwed? Rust to pieces our something else?

Tomorrow, i plan to rig up a contraption connection on my hose disconnect one of the affected valves and connect the hose straight to that zone just to see if the hose pressure pops up the sprinklers to make sure it's not a system leak in both zones. Let me know what you think if you can give me any other pointers on what else i should be checking. Thanks

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Wednesday, May 14th 2008, 11:18am

It could be your Flow Control, on the valves if they have a flow control. Do you know where the valves in the field are located or do you need to locate them. If you know where they are you may check to see if the flow controls are tightened up which would affect the diaphragm.

Good Luck

:thumbsup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

mugentuner

Advanced Member

Wednesday, May 14th 2008, 3:52pm

Ok, know where the valves are..

I've got a valve box that houses those three zones, so i have access to them. Tried playing with the valve flow control a little as well yesterday but still no pressure going to the the sprinkler heads. I've got the flow control set about midway. Also, I have some older rainbird valve models without the anti-siphon. One zone has a Hunter valve. give me any pointers that i could check as well, thanks.

It could be your Flow Control, on the valves if they have a flow control. Do you know where the valves in the field are located or do you need to locate them. If you know where they are you may check to see if the flow controls are tightened up which would affect the diaphragm.

Good Luck

:thumbsup:

Waterit

Unregistered

Friday, May 16th 2008, 10:52pm

Sounds like the pump needs to be primed.