You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

tlflorek

Monday, May 5th 2003, 4:17pm

Main Line Questions

I have a 3/4" feed from the street. I am using ASV valves clustered together. Is there any reason to feed the manifold with larger than the street size?

Terry
Terry

RVLI

Supreme Member

Monday, May 5th 2003, 5:44pm

Yes, pending on your pressure and gallons per minute, I would at least go up one pipe size. Typically if you have a 3/4" main, you should jump up to a 1" line for your system, this way you can use less heads, leading to less valves, and so on.

Thank you,
Alex

drpete3

Supreme Member

Wednesday, May 7th 2003, 10:56am

I think it would be fine to keep the 3/4 pipe out to the manifold as long as the manifold is close to the point you are tapping into your city water. If it is not to late then I also would suggest going to 1".

Thanks,

Pete

RVLI

Supreme Member

Wednesday, May 7th 2003, 4:19pm

What are you saying? 3/4" or 1"?

bmorris

Thursday, June 19th 2003, 6:06am

I have 1" into basement reducing to 5/8" in and out of meter. From there it reduces to 1/2" copper. I am going to change 1/2" to 3/4" to accomodate sprinkler system but am concerned that the 5/8" going through meter will restict flow. I have 60 PSI and 6gpm at bib on 1/2" copper. I'm assuming that by changing to 3/4" that GPM will increase.

Should I be concerned about 5/8" Meter sizing?

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Sunday, June 22nd 2003, 11:23am

FOr your first question i would make your manifold 1" and for you second one (about 5/8) i answered on the other post

Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

Rate this thread